Randy McNeely, who owns the title “Kindness Champion” and also serves as the executive producer of “The Kindness Hunters” TV Show recently shared this thought: “I prefer not to use the phrase ‘social distance’. As social creatures, we are ‘physically distancing’, not ‘social distancing’ thanks to the fact that we live in a digital world.”
Wow! What else would you expect from someone with the title “Kindness Champion”?
This came across as an incredibly positive and “half-full” outlook as we all strive to gain a new normal through these extremely troublesome times. Especially since at one point, business seemed to be changing not only by the day but literally by the hour.
While enduring these current challenges as well as “physical distancing,” maintaining an active level of digital communication brings numerous benefits to you and your team.
Thankfully many options exist for maintaining healthy communication with business and social connections.
As a matter of fact, this is a fantastic opportunity to tackle a new venture for you and your business.
That new venture: Blogging.
Related Article: Seeking Soulmates: Does Your Website Attract Dream Customers?
Blogging Reduces “Social Distance”
Blogging creates an opportunity to share with your staff, customers, vendors, and even your community on how things are going for you and your business.
With a new sense of urgency for virtual and digital engagement, creating a solid blog strategy helps thrust you ahead of the game.
Blog posts can be short and sweet and right to the point.
On the other hand, take advantage of this time to dive into details on steps that your company uses to battle current challenges. Other business owners might find your strategies and tactics extremely valuable.
Plus, a blog also offers the opportunity to basically journal your experiences during COVID-19. Years from now you can look back and think to yourself, “how on earth did I survive that global crisis?”
Blogging can be the voice of your younger self sending messages to your older and wiser self.
The bottom line, blogging offers tremendous value to you, your company as well as your customers.
Once our world returns to health and no longer finds it necessary to “social distance”, you will cherish the fact that you started blogging as a content strategy for your business.
Therefore, let’s dive into potential blog topics to help you get started.
Blogging for Small Business Owners and Manufacturers
Blogging plays a critical role with any B2B marketing strategy.
One major challenge though: Where to start? Creating blog topics that readers find helpful and educational certainly is not an easy task.
Additionally, many small business owners question the value of blogging for their company.
Especially for small business owners and manufacturers.
Common questions asked during discussions with small business owners and manufacturers who are considering blogging:
- Who has time to actually blog?
- In particular, as a manufacturer or small business owner, what the heck do you blog about anyway?
- Does a business truly benefit from blogging?
- More importantly, will blogging connect with new customers?
- Lastly, will blogging actually generate sales?
Truth be told, blogging delivers powerful results for many reasons including the following:
- Tremendous SEO Value
- Customer engagement
- Educate customers
- Inform potential prospects on your company, products, and services
- Convert content from blogs into social media posts
- Share community activities and events
- Offer case studies, success stories, white papers, and resource guides
Where to Start?
Actually there are tons of blog topics to consider for your customers.
Yet, taking the time and energy to actually sit at a computer and type these thoughts out sounds overwhelming. Daunting. Seems like a waste of time.
I get it. You are BUSY! Constant fires to put out. You have a steady list of issues that need addressing.
Stopping to type out a blog post typically does not make the priority list for most small business owners.
Especially those who lack the experience in creating content. Let alone the desire.
A common response to blogging, “if I wanted to be a blogger, I would have gone to journalism school”.
However, the great thing about blogging, anyone with a computer, laptop, cellphone, or mobile device can now create a voice.
Stepping out of your comfort zone to put your thoughts out on the World Wide Web or the Internet of Things can be intimidating for many.
So, wondering where to start?
For example, find a topic that you are an expert in or where you share a deep passion. Then sit down and just start typing.
Still questioning what blog topics would create the most impact for your business?
The goal here is to help you achieve your goals.
Blog About What You Know Best
A consideration when determining blog topics, pretend your dream customer is standing in front of you (six feet away, of course).
What would you say? How would you describe your business? Can you paint a clear picture of how you can solve their problem?
Otherwise, another scenario, let’s pretend a customer is taking a tour of your facility (six feet apart as well).
During a tour, you will demonstrate why you are the BEST option to provide the solution that this particular customer is seeking? You will show off your amazing team, equipment, machinery, and resources. Well, that’s another potential blog post. Actually, an entire series of blog posts.
The internet makes everyone’s lives more efficient.
Especially since it is unrealistic to stand face to face with every prospect while maintaining a “social distance”
To turn it around, when you are the buyer seeking a new vendor, where do you turn?
In the past, you had to go to trade shows to find the best vendors.
However, conducting a Google search or connecting with new vendors on social media works so much more affordably and efficiently.
Blogging helps you make those valuable and profitable connections.
Related Article: Captain Your Ship! eCommerce Helps You Stay in Your Wheelhouse
Blog Topics for Your Business
Finally, let’s dig into blog topics to launch your blogging journey:
- How you started the company
- Why you chose entrepreneurship
- Explain the benefits of outsourcing the products and services that you offer
- Information about your community
- Start a blog series on your proprietary processes or products
- Reviews on the equipment and tools that you use
- Meet the Team: Profile your amazing employees
- Case studies
- Customer Service Questions – FAQ’s are excellent blog topics
- Benefits of Made in USA
- Safety concerns in your industry
- New equipment purchases
- Updates or improvements on your website as well as progress with internet marketing
- Engineers in your industry
- Influencers in your industry
- Customer testimonials
- Historical figures in your industry
- What is (Blank)? — describe the parts that go into your products
- Explain how your products are made
- Point out industries that use your products
- Book Reviews
- Videos, Videos, Videos – start creating How-To videos of your expertise as blog posts
- Create Resource Guidebooks
- Company announcements such as new hires, new efficiencies, new products
Bonus Round of Blog Topics During “Social Distance”
- Heroes in your community
- Steps you took to battle challenges due to COVID-19
- Team wins
- Supply chain solutions
- Experience with PPP (Paycheck Protection Program)
- Work from home tips
- Managing a remote team
- Essential businesses instituting “physical distancing” in the workplace
- New digital marketing strategies
- Zoom: the new gateway of communication for your business
FREE Blogging Resources
Lastly, below includes several outstanding free blogging resources to help you get started:
- ProBlogger – Recommended Blogging Resources & Tools
- Neil Patel – The Ultimate Guide to Writing Blog Posts That Rank in Google’s Top 10
- Brian Dean – Blogger Outreach: The Definitive Guide (2019)
- Hubspot – Free Blogging Resources
Wrapping It Up
Thank you for reading & we wish you tremendous success with your blogging journey!
For additional information, please check out these helpful posts below as you continue your eCommerce journey:
- You Have Only One Chance to Make an Outstanding First Webpression
- 25 Blog Topics for Manufacturers Eager to Start Blogging
- Hey Manufacturers, Fighting to Dominate Search is the Name of the Game